The sixth year of the Greenbrier Classic arrives this week in West Virginia. Angel Cabrera, who won the Greenbrier last year, is back to defend his crown, and vie for a piece of the $6.7 million purse.
Cabrera, 45, has three career PGA Tour wins – the 2007 U.S. Open, the 2009 Masters and last year’s Greenbrier.
Here’s a recap of ‘El Pato’s’ 2014 victory, where he shot back-to-back rounds of 64 over the weekend to secure the win.
1. Angel Cabrera makes eagle on No. 17
In the opening round of The Greenbrier Classic, Angel Cabrera rolls in a 16-foot putt for eagle on the par-5 17th hole.
2. Cabrera pours in a 28-foot putt for birdie at The Greenbrier
In the third round of The Greenbrier Classic, Cabrera sinks his 28-foot birdie putt on the par-4 16th hole.
3. Cabrera birdies No. 3 with this 35-foot putt
Cabrera sinks a 35-foot putt for birdie on the par-3 3rd hole during the final round.
4. Cabrera sinks his 17-foot putt for birdie
In the final round of The Greenbrier Classic, Cabrera makes a 17-foot putt for birdie on the par-4 11th hole.
5. Cabrera’s incredible eagle hole out on No. 13 at The Greenbrier
In the final round of The Greenbrier Classic, Cabrera holes a tremendous approach from 175 yards for eagle on the par-4 13th hole.
6. Cabrera interview after winning The Greenbrier Classic
Following a final-round 64, Angel Cabrera reflects on his win at The Greenbrier Classic.
7. Cabrera press conference after winning The Greenbrier Classic
Following his victory at The Old White TPC, Cabrera talks about his third PGA TOUR victory.
Who’s your pick to win The Greenbrier this week? Or are you more interested in looking ahead a few weeks to the British Open at St. Andrews? Leave us a comment below either way!