Jose Mourinho has confirmed that he plans to join a new club for the start of next season. The Special One is currently in Singapore alongside his agent Jorge Mendes, to speak to children at the NorthLight school as part of Peter Lim’s Olympic scholarship.
Mourinho, linked with an imminent move to replace Louis van Gaal at Manchester United, says he is happy to wait until the summer to make a return to football.
On Saturday, the Inter Milan director Bedy Moratti suggested Mourinho had already agreed a deal to move to Manchester with Ed Woodward, arguably confirming the speculation surrounding the move.
Mourinho, speaking to students – said he was keen to wait for the “right project”, playing down talk of a hurried return to management before the end of the season:
— justin ong (@JustinOngCNA) February 24, 2016
“I always feel that it’s better to wait, not to rush, better to be calm, to wait for the right moment, the right move,” he said. “I feel that starting the next season with a new club and project is probably the best thing for me.”
— United Peoples TV (@UnitedPeoplesTV) February 24, 2016
The Portuguese coach added:
“I’m travelling, enjoying my family, enjoying my friends and my life, and I wait to see what happens. The reality is I like football so much, I miss football, and when I have the chance to be back I will come back.”
The ex-Chelsea boss did however see the funny side of his predicament:
“It’s quite a funny career. I am the English champion, and I still have no job.”