Zlatan’s Money Comes From A Bad Place

zlatan face fb thumb

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is directly supporting the slave-based economy of Qatar that is endemic to much of the Middle East.

By being the flag-bearer for Qatari-owned Paris Saint-Germain, he is endorsing a country that literally runs on slave labor.

foreign workers

Edinson Cavani, David Luiz, Javier Pastore, Ángel Di Maria – they have blood on their hands too.

90% of Qatar’s population is foreign workers with temporary resident status. For every Qatari national, there are nine people from India, Nepal, the Phillippines, Egypt, and Bangledesh who support the ruling master class.

Former Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani


Those thousands of workers who have died building Qatar’s World Cup stadiums?

Nary a Qatari among them. None of the actual work in Qatar is done by Qataris.

How is that possible, you ask?

Oil money. Liquified natural gas, specifically.

Source: Sean Gallup/Getty Images
Source: Sean Gallup/Getty Images


SEE ALSO: Stars Leaving Europe For Big Money In China


Qatar has a tiny population and a shit load of natural gas. All the loot they get from selling gas goes into their sovereign wealth fund, managed by the Qatari Investment Authority, which is basically a big hedge fund that pays out to every Qatari.

The Qatari Investment Authority manages somewhere north of $250 billion according to the Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute. Now divide that by the estimated 280,000-300,000 Qatari nationals and you’re looking at a million bucks a person.

What this translates into is a fucked up society where full-blooded Qataris live high on the hog while the other 90% of the population lives in squalor.

contrast between rich and poor

Exacerbating this problem is that foreign workers are afforded about as many rights as prisoners at Guantanamo Bay. The first thing employers do is take workers’ passports when they arrive in the country.

Without a passport, you aren’t leaving Qatar unless it’s in a casket.

So workers end up toiling away in perpetuity; their employer decides how much to pay them (between nothing and very little) and whether or not they can leave the country (they can’t).

Now remember that the Qatari Investment Authority bought a 70% stake in PSG in 2011 and gobbled up the remaining 30% in 2012.

Let’s look at the players PSG has acquired since the QAI assumed control:

psg trophy
Source: The Mirror


SEE ALSO: PSG Set To Break British Transfer Record To Replace Ibrahimovic


$78 million for Edinson Cavani

$70 million for David Luiz

$52 million for Javier Pastore

$50 million for Thiago Silva

$49 million for Lucas Moura

$31 million for Ezequiel Lavezzi

$25 million for Zlatan Ibrahimovic


PSG have dominated French football since Qatar started throwing money around. They’ve waltzed to four consecutive league titles. They currently sit nearly 30 points clear of the second place team.

Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 1.14.02 PM

PSG have reduced the French league to an exercise in futility. And they’ve done it with blood money.


Should PSG’s big money players feel guilty about taking blood money?