1. They love a drink as much as the next guy.
2. Darren Clarke’s drunk press conference the morning after his 2011 Open Championship victory.
3. They’re good under pressure.
Irish players have a solid Ryder Cup showing and have performed at crucial moments. Here is Christy O’Connor beating Fred Couples to help Europe win in 1989.
RIP Christy O’Connor Jnrhttps://t.co/DiwYEEq40H
— Ryder Cup Team EUR (@RyderCupEurope) January 6, 2016
4. They’re Generally funny b******S.
Knee op recovery is going great,I could already play if I had to.It helps to have a cryotherapy unit in your garage pic.twitter.com/SW4AF4oIq5
— Padraig Harrington (@padraig_h) November 30, 2015
5. They are always fan favourites on the course.
6. The stereotype about being lucky can be very useful.