1. He’s just a funny guy plain and simple.
— SkratchTV (@skratchTV) April 8, 2016
The Baboon incident:
2. The Offaly man isn’t one to pay attention to the rules.
3. He curses on the course, just like the rest of us.
Shane’s F-bomb got picked up by cameras at the Honda Classic. Needless to say Shane isn’t really trusted with live coverage during his round. The Irishman refused to apologise and mocked the officious position of the PGA TOUR. He was eventually fined but he won over some fans who could empathise with the frustration of finding the water.
“Ach.. ye fookin’ idiot. FOOK!” No need to apologize, NBC, what Shane Lowry said was just fine pic.twitter.com/KaQjl9oCIC
— Deadspin (@Deadspin) February 28, 2016
4. He loves a beer, just like the rest of us.
Here is Shane winning the 2009 Irish Open as an Amateur.
5. He plays an entertaining brand of golf.
Shane hits the ball long and possesses a game that uses creativity. Some of the shots he played to secure the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational were genius, if not a little fortuitous.
6. He once picked a fight with Floyd Mayweather.
Yeah that’s right, Shane Lowry saw Floyd across the court at a basketball game and tweeted to his boy Connor Mcgregor.
7. He looks like your slightly chubby mate who can play sports.
Shane doesn’t conduct himself like a professional golfer. He is always going to joke around if you pronounce his name wrong like Tom Rinaldi did. Or if you can’t understand what he is saying like a press conference he gave with American journalists.